The outer shell of the Schuberth S2 is offered in two helmet shell sizes and combines an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection. It is manufactured using Schuberth's typical compression moulding process and thus permits great stability and a low weight.
- Shell material: S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre
- Helmet shell technology from Schuberth permits low weight
- Glass fibre with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at high pressure to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally sturdy.
The helmet shell of special EPS foam is modular in design to ensure optimal shock absorption. This complex segmentation guarantees enhanced force absorption and distribution and maximum safety.
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
A special inner lining of the S2 which was developed according to the innovative Comfort Fit concept ensures that the helmet fits comfortably and securely in all situations.
The combination of carefully selected COOLMAX® and Thermocool® materials and the additional use of Interpower® coatings also make the inner lining a highly-effective moisture removal and cooling system.
- COOLMAX® pad system, completely removable and washable (hand wash, 30°C)
- Optimized fit
- Variable for effective ventilation
- Adjustable for summer/winter
- Removable comfort cheek pads and head band pads
- Precise setting of the chinstrap length through adjustment on both sides.
- Double D
The silver-coloured appliqués of reflective material which are in included in the nape zone of every Schuberth helmet ensure that the motorcyclist can be seen better, especially in twilight or at night.
- Improved visibility = Enhanced safety
- Enhancement of the passive safety
- Early recognition by other road users
Guaranteed condensation-free thanks to its double glazing technology
- "City position" for maximum ventilation while travelling slowly
- The EasyChange visor mechanism makes changing visors extremely quick and simple.
- Change of visor without tools
Anti-Roll-Off System A.R.O.S.
The Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.) especially developed by Schuberth is provided as a safety feature in every Schuberth motorcycle helmet. It ensures that provided the chinstrap is closed and correctly adjusted:
- the helmet cannot pivot off the head from behind
- the risk of contact between the chin section of the helmet and the chin or throat of the rider is minimised due to the small angle of tilt and
- the consequences of the helmet coming into contact with the chest as the result of an accident are reduced.
The helmet also has Reflex areas which improve visibility in the dark and thus contribute to your safety.
The S2 is specially set for the riding posture of motorcyclists on tours/sporty tours and remains stable in the air flow. The special shape of the helmet shell and the edge of the helmet closure ensure appreciably enhanced contact pressure. The S2 creates practically no upward lift, even at higher speeds. In addition, the S2 also offers lower air resistance and high directional stability. The buffeting is also significantly reduced on naked bikes.
- Perfected aerodynamics
- Upward lift = 0!
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- No buffeting
Aeroacoustics of the S2
A quiet helmet means active safety for the motorcyclist: this permits the rider to concentrate on riding – particularly at higher speeds.
Many hours in the Schuberth acoustics wind tunnel have ensured that the S2 is quiet. The comprehensive acoustics package with optimised helmet shell, wind deflector and ergonomic shape of the neck padding make the S2 – at 85 dBA – one of the quietest helmets of all.
- Acoustics package makes helmet quiet
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further.
- Only 85dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with naked bikes)
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically. A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level. Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level. Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A). This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived.
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- the position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the driver's size and riding posture and the motorcycle's fairing
- Fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearer's head, neck and shoulder areas
- change the position of the windscreen
- close the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf
Innovative ventilation system
The S2 is equipped with an innovative ventilation system. The combination of multipath channels in the EPS foam shell and the head, chin and mouth ventilation ensure that fresh air is distributed efficiently throughout the entire head area. The fresh air which enters via the forehead ventilation is conducted through the inner shell's air channels well beyond the back of the head to the rear of the helmet. The low pressure prevailing at the rear of the helmet causes the interior air to be extracted constantly through the air outlets and the special mesh fabric in the neck padding.
- Head ventilation input (adjustable in multiple stages)
- Chin vent for targeted distribution of the incoming air in the helmet
The S2's powerful ventilation system
- Chin vent
- Variable pad system
- Visor vent
- Adjustable head vent
- Active air extraction system
- EPS shell with ventilation segments
- In cold weather it often occurs that with closed air supply the motorcyclist's neck zone becomes sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs.
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air.
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %.
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h.
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the visor ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly.
The S2 is by default equipped to accommodate the Schuberth
SRC-System™ S2 (available in summer ). To guarantee ideal radio reception for you, the S2 is already equipped with two integrated
antennas to boost reception and a Bluetooth® connection
- Optimum reception quality at all times
- Bluetooth® antenna for wireless mobile, navigation and intercom connections to other SRC-System™ owners
S2, Sale, Motorcycle Full Face Helmets, Motorcycle Full Face Helmets